Boy those days do pass fast. Maybe it's not a bad thing since it's winter time and I'm not in a best terms with cold. Anyway, a few highlights by me in no particular order of importance.
1. Check out this absolutely wonderful house by Matías Zegers Architects. One of the most beautiful getaway places out there!
Casa Mirador/Wine Tasting Pavilion
Casablanca, Chile 2012
In Progress Casa Mirador is a “Guest Pavilion” designed for Casas del Bosque Winery in Casablanca Valley, Chile.
Like an ancient settlement, Casa Mirador seats quiet above the valley overlooking the vineyards... the fresh winds from the Pacific Coast bring also the smell of the hills saturated with native vegetation.
2. A few awesome tracks that I've found on Soundcloud. We are talking about some great Shoegaze, Ambient, Post-rock music here!
3. It's slippery as hell today, black ice everywhere. My trip to work and back was a challenge of staying vertical all the way :D
4. Those limited edition Red Bulls are basically all crap. Sorry, it's REALLY BAD. The silver edition (lime taste) is the worst, 3/10 at most. Then we have the blue edition blueberry is crap too, 3/10. The only average one in my opinion is the cranberry one because of it's distinct and sour >_< taste properties, so I'd give it 5/10. I mean, seriously, have they even tried? It's just me though, but be aware that what you will ultimately get is energized soda drink. Nowhere near close to original and awesome taste of Red-bull.
5. Oh by the way, for more hyped up stuff check those vibes out. It's a great breakbeat, drumstep track with a bit of 8-bit seasoning. Dude got the beats sorted out properly. Krazy kutz :D It's free to download too!
This tune is a part of one of the greatest breakbeat mixes I've ever heard by almighty DJ Peaceful. You can listen to full mix right here:
I guess that's it for today! Peace out.
Verdict: this one comes in lime flavor. Quite a bit sour, actually more sour than sweet. Taste is acceptable at most, therefore I;d rather enjoy the original Red Bull.
One redeeming quality about this drink is that this is definitely going to at taste more refreshing in summer time. It doesn't taste too artificial, which is not the case with original drink.
Ever drinking this again: Most likely not. This is the taste that I can enjoy for nearly half the price by drinking carbonated mojitos. The kick is there but it just doesn't feel right. It just doesn't feel like I just had some Redbull :/ oh well.
Score: 3 out of 10 - Bad.
Coming up, silver and red editions :)
- Tekiu has got some really awesome mixes put on youtube, genres involved: Progressive Trance, Chillout, Vocal Trance. Check his blog out @ http://www.tekiu.blogspot.cz/
- If you like/love/worship sexy looking chicks then check this pic out :D
Make sure to read the page info section for further links in case you got hooked: https://www.facebook.com/steampunkato/info
- PS. Quite old but really cool tune appeared in my Soundcloud stream. Here's some chillstep for late night peace:
That's about it for today!
Alright so I'm skipping my daily education of things related to architecture and music and will write down some thoughts about an artist that I have recently discovered.
It's winter time here and although the weather is not too cold it's not too hot either. Days are short and call for locking in and taking it easy. It's no wonder that recently I'm getting more and more into the experimental, ambient, post-rock and drone genre, especially the last three got my utmost attention. Drum&bass, dubstep and all that other stuff will have to wait a bit.
What we are talking about today is an artist that I found out about by listening to the ever amazing Post-Rock Paper Scissors podcast which is to my extreme misfortune, no longer running.
The Tumbled Sea comes from Boston, Massachusetts, US and is making some fantastic music revolving around genres such as ambient, experimental, experimental rock, instrumental, neo-classical and post rock. TRULY great, lush and expanding sounds to chill to and take the thoughts about beautiful things upfront. Presence of gentle piano melodies accompanied by saddish string instruments sets quite a "thinking" mood. In my eyes, it's the music that tries to make you reflect on the past quite heavily when listening to it. Not necessarily good moments, but definitely not bad moments either. The approach of the artist to the listener is highly personal. Melodies are definitely non-intrusive, bringing about thoughts of peace and harmony, yet maintaining the uncertainty and kind of acoustic "afterglow".
The Tumbled See, in my humble opinion, is an artist who amplifies the consciousness of the present and the past. Especially the past. Truly fantastic manifestation of basic human values as they form throughout the life of an individual.
This is a highly recommended artist for everyone looking to up their solitude game a bit, or maybe just to replace their dose of Xanax. Just saying.
Get to know more about The Tumbled Sea:
Sat down for an hour or so and made this heavy glitch track. B-flat major key brings a little peace and sadness on the same plate with heavy mashed beats. Not my usual style but why the hell not :)
Just recently listened to this tune (was in one of the free mixes that Makoto has put up on his Soundcloud account.) VIBIN 90's in 2013. Can't. Get. Better. Wonderful tune to close the week. Most positive :)
What is this? Technical glitch dub-breaks? Awesome stuff from Atlanta, US by heRobust
This is epic. A true symbol of piece, friendship and all good things that we have on this blue ball has arrived in Sydney, Australia.
Brightened up my day for sure!